aka The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series by Michael Scott.
- Mythology. In the series, mythologies that are used include: Celtic, Roman, Norse, Aztec, Japanese, and Egyptian (just the ones that I’m certain of off the top of my head). If you’re a mythology fanatic, you’ll want to read these books.
- History. Historical people included as characters are Joan of Arc, Niccolo Machiavelli, Virginia Dare, and Nicholas Flamel to name a few. If you’re a history nerd, you’ll want to read these books.
- Details. Scott spent ten years planning out the series before he began writing. His notes and plot outline had the word count of an entire one of the books. There are no coincidences. Everything that seemed like one was intentional.
- Every single character in the series comes from history or a mythology, except for the twins Sophie and Josh Newman.
- All six books take place in a time span of nine days without dragging on and boring readers.
If you haven’t yet, go buy the first book, The Alchemyst, and read it.
If you have, feel free to reblog/add on to this.